Thursday, October 27, 2011

At 27....

Yes, I'm back again and this time, I'm re-joining Mama Kats Writers Workshop! Woo hoo! These are fun and I have honestly missed doing them every Thursday. This week's writing assignment: Prompt 1.) Last week we wrote about what we have never done… this week write a list of 22 things you HAVE done. (inspired by Sellabit Mom)

First I'll start with my list of 22 things I HAVE DONE:

I'm 27 years old and I have:
1. Run two Half-Marathons and 1 Full Marathon.
2. Been on a safari in Kenya.
3. Walked 60 miles in three days TWICE for Breast Cancer!
4. Discovered a new career calling.
5. Received countless bouquets of flowers from loving friends and family.
6. Tried speed dating and online dating.
7. Got hooked onto Bikram Yoga and Spinning Classes.
8. Swam in the Great Barrier Reef.
9. I have loved and lost.
10. I've attended 6 fabulous bachelorette parties.
11. Enjoyed countless weekend trips with friends.
12. Traveled to Germany, France and Hawaii all in the same year.
13. Visited several hospitals all over the US with Pin-Ups For Vets and handed out calendars to VETS.
14. Sung at a wedding! (My sister's and it was during the reception)
15. Endured two detoxes/cleanses and I will be doing another one next week.
16. Had brown, blond, black and red hair.
17. Ridden on a camel, an ostrich and an elephant.
18. Been on Oprah's Favorite Things show so I have been on TV too. : )
19. Chopped just about all of my hair off.
20. Gotten two tattoos and 8 piercings.
21. Regretted decisions but ultimately learned from them.
22. Lived in 6 different countries and 2 states.

Now for the things I HAVEN'T DONE!

At 27, I've yet to
1. Have my own professional photo shoot.
2. Go skiing or snowboarding.
3. Endure a cross-country road trip.
4. Be a bridesmaid.
5. Ever have mono. Whew!
6. Meet John Mayer or Beyonce. :(
7. Been on a cruise.
8. Break any bones.
9. Hold a real gun.
10. Call 911.
11. See a shooting star.
12. I've never liked tomatoes, mustard or coffee.
13. Bake bread from scratch.
14. I never had detention in school.
15. I've never wanted to be famous.
16. I've never not missed someone.
17. Ride a motorcycle.
18. Pick up a hitchhiker.
19. Taste caviar.
20. Go skydiving.
21. I've never been married or had a baby... yet.
22. I never thought that I would have a blog!

1 comment: