Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Red Velvet Pancakes?!

Yesterday morning I had the pleasure of going to breakfast with a college friend that lives here in LA. Kathleen took me to the infamous Hollywood restaurant called The Griddle Cafe. It was amazing and I'll definitely be taking my next visitor there.

Apparently during the weekend, this place is a madhouse and the line to get a table wraps down the street but this morning being a Monday, we walked in and were seated right away. The menu is fairly easy to navigate and the page with
the list of pancakes all sounded delicious and creative too. Kathleen and I decided to each get one pancake and share them. She chose the Black Magic, "Disbelief will possess you as you're pulled under the spell of our crushed Oreo-filled flapjacks!" Um, yeah, I usually think that anything at all with Oreos is great but these were downright delicious!
I chose their signature "Red Velvet panCake". While it was also super tasty, I felt like I was eating an actual red velvet cake so I couldn't eat too much of it. The swirls and swirls of cream cheese icing was seriously decadent. I can imagine eating this particular pancake as a dessert.


Breakfast food is definitely my favorite! What's yours?

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at their menu on-line and seriously started drooling!! You'll have to take me there next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete