Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A New Work Out Class!

The Bar Method work out class is my new obsession. And before you ask, no it does not involve going to bars or drinking at all. : )

Well, I guess you can't really call having only gone to two classes an obsession but it's definitely something that I'm about to dive into. Today I even purchased a month long package deal. I've been bored with the gym lately and my running routine outside is slowly getting too hot to do when I want to do it. In comes my dear friend Belinda who has been going to bar method classes for a few months now to help her trim down a little in time for her amazing Hawaii wedding at the end of this month. We had plans to meet for dinner last week and she suggested that I come with her to one of these classes before we grab dinner. I am so glad that I took her up on this offer because the class felt amazing!

Here is the description of what exactly the bar method is all about:
"Exercise classes that integrates the fat burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, and the science of physical therapy to create a revolutionary new workout that quickly and safely reshapes your entire body." It's a combination of dance, pilates, yoga and then some strength training thrown in there too. Sounds easy enough, right? Uh, not so much! It's a tough hour-long work out that burns just about every muscle in your body. Tonight's instructor told us, "the more you shake and the more you burn, the better".

Apparently all the celebs are taking bar method classes so it's incredibly trendy right now, especially here in Los Angeles. Drew Barrymore and Kelly Osbourne specifically have recently lost a ton of weight and it's all because of these workout classes. They both are looking incredible these days! I'm a big of Ms. Drew Barrymore so that enticed me to try the classes out for myself too.

I'll keep you posted on my progress! Have you ever heard of the Bar Method?


2 comments:

  1. Yep, I totally know the Bar Method! I haven't been to one of their classes, but I've been to the Dailey Method, which I think is very similar. HARD STUFF! But so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you missed your class tonight!

    ReplyDelete