Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome me to Twitter!

"Love it or hate it, Twitter has certainly taken the web by storm. In just a few short years, the social networking/micro-blogging website has grown to be one of the 50 most popular websites in the world."

Well, guess who finally joined Twitter?! Me, that's who! Yep, it came to my attention that professionally/socially I needed to join the Twitter world. It really is a great social media outlet and I knew that eventually I would have to learn how to use it for artists that I will work with in the future.

Honestly though, I'm not good at twittering or tweeting..not sure what the proper verb usage is here. I feel immense pressure to be funny, ironic or just downright thought provoking in every tweet and that's difficult in only 140 characters!! Shoot, that's difficult for me in any number of characters! : ) At this point, I'm really more interested in what other people are saying or more importantly what my favorite celebs/musicians are saying.

For those of you not on Twitter yet, it's sim
ilar to Facebook except that it's all about your status and communicating with others via your status's. The strange thing is that you can follow anyone and anyone can follow you. Unlike Facebook where you can reject people's friend requests and you usually "know" all your friends. I really do know all 800 of my Facebook friends. As of right now, I have 48 followers on Twitter and I seriously only know about half of them. Why are these strangers following me? Who knows? Perhaps, I tweeted about something they found interesting or possibly we share a common interest or maybe they just like my Twitter name. : ) FYI, it's LAnLA3 if you want to follow me!

I found this list of funny Twitter quotes to share:

"Oh this is going to be addictive"Dom Sagolla, Twitter co-creator

“The qualities that make Twitter seem inane and half-baked are what makes it so powerful”Jonathan Zittrain, Harvard law professor and Internet expert (Source)

“Twitter lets me hear from a lot of people in a very short period of time.”Robert Scoble, blogger (Source)

“Using Twitter for literate communication is about as likely as firing up a CB radio and hearing some guy recite ‘The Iliad.’"Bruce Sterling, science fiction writer and journalist (Source)

"Whoever said that things have to be useful?"
Evan Williams, Twitter co-founder and CEO

"For the uninitiated, here’s how Twitter works – I have no f***ing idea. I have no idea how it works – or why it is." Jon Stewart, comedian and host of The Daily Show

"Facebook is to 2007 as Twitter is to 2009. It’s the most open communication platform out there"Roger Kondrat, social media consultant (Source)

"The people drawn to Twitter are people on the cutting edge, the real nerds who are resentful of the fact that the general population have found and taken over Facebook" – Steve Dotto, host of Dotto Tech (Source)

"HI TWITTERS . THANK YOU FOR A WARM WELCOME. FEELING REALLY 21st CENTURY"Oprah, yes that Oprah, on Twitter

"Ummm . . . I don’t think it’s as big of a dilemma as people seem to think. We haven’t focused on it yet and I can’t say for sure how it’s going to work." – Evan Williams, Twitter co-founder and CEO, on how Twitter will make money

2 comments:

  1. Soon you will be as addicted as the rest of us. Welcome to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely hooked on Twitter, and am now following you. (I'm ExcitingHolly). :P

    ReplyDelete