This week's Mama Kat's Writing Prompt that I chose was to write a 6 Word Memoir about a significant time in your life.
The following 6 words come to my mind almost instantly when I think about my college life:
State-side, Independence, Roommate, Cooking, Laundry, Internet
1. State-side - I was living back in the states for the first time since first grade. Talk about experiencing intense culture shock!
2. Independence - Like most college freshman, for the first time in my life, I was living on my own without the watchful eyes of my parents on me. Yikes!
3. Roommate - This was a completely new world. Thankfully, my randomly selected Freshman roommate and I ended up becoming fast and lifelong friends.
4. Cooking - I had never really cooked anything before in my life. This was a fun and challenging new world.
5. Laundry - I had also never done my own laundry before. Thank goodness for the instructions on the back of the detergent bottles! I know, I was incredibly spoiled growing up!
6. Internet - This may sound funny but I had never really used the Internet before going to college and hadn't sent too many emails out either. I don't know what I would have done without being able to email my parents and friends back overseas.