Saturday, January 30, 2010

I ❤ Saturdays!












This Saturday can only be summed up with three simple words: shoes, food and beauty. That's all a girl really needs, right?

Today, my roommate, Gina and I spent the afternoon together. We took a very long scenic drive down Sunset Strip, which I really enjoyed. I love it. There is just so much to see on this mile and a half stretch. There is really something for everyone; bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes, fancy hotels, boutiques, comedy clubs and Hollywood nightspots. All are definitely on the cutting edge of the entertainment business. I will have to let you know what the places are really like inside when I start going to them. Here's something interesting that I just learned, the Las Vegas Strip was named after the Sunset Strip.

Anyway, after this mini tour, we began our shopping extravaganza. Gina introduced me to the wonderful store called DSW, it stands for Designer Shoe Warehouse. It is row after row of amazing shoes at great deals. In other words, my heaven! I purchased three pairs! They are fabulous and I do not regret buying any of them at all! While my partner in crime bought, shall we say, a few more than me. ; ) In the picture above are two pairs that we bought today. Mine are the black ankle boots which I absolutely adore! I've been wanting a pair forever and now thanks to DSW, I finally have a pair. Yay!

After an exhausting (NOT!) hour or so of hunting for shoes, we ventured back out into the daylight for lunch. Gina recommended we eat at Aroma Bakery Cafe. It was in a word, delightful. We ordered a deliciously flavorful Greek plate that had everything from hummus to grape leaves on it which I now know that I really like! We also split the House Sandwich which was equally as tasty with avocado, baked mushrooms and egg in it. My appetite was certainly satisfied! Fortunately, we have lots of leftovers for tomorrow's lunch! Is it wrong that I am already excited about it?!

Later on in the day, I made my way to my first beauty salon experience here in LA and let me tell you, it was phenomenal! All week I've been telling myself that I desperately need to get my hair trimmed, my eyebrows waxed and my nails done so finally on Thursday, I went to one of my new favorite websites www.yelp.com and quickly found a nearby salon. The reviews for Julie's Beauty Secrets were by far the best that I read so I figured that I would give it a shot and I am so happy that I did. Not only is it super close to my house but they also have their very own private parking lot which is a HUGE deal here in LA. The service was amazing and something that I love is that they continued to call me by my name the entire time I was there. I really appreciate that. I was very happy pleased with my manicure and the fairly painless eyebrow wax. I had an amazing neck and head massage while they were washing my hair which then continued before they started trimming it too. Bonus! And I am very happy to announce that I love the final product. My hair feels and looks so much healthier. I think it's so funny that despite getting a little cut off, hair seems to always feel longer after getting a trim. Why is that? Well, whatever the reason is, I like it cause I am trying to grow my hair out. Certainly not as long as the girl in the picture above but you get the idea.

So, yeah, that was my busy Saturday! Tonight I just watched a movie at home with my roommate, Swati, and her friend. Tomorrow, I'll be going on another fun adventure but I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll keep my FOUR avid followers in suspense..haha! So, stay tuned. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Saturday. As soon as Todd gets home, I am going to the gym and then to the nail salon, I can't wait! xoxo

    P.S. I am proud to be one of your TEN avid followers. :)

    ReplyDelete