Friday, March 25, 2011

The Kindhearted Blogger Pledge

Every once in awhile, I think we all need to reevaluate why we blog and who we blog for. I recently saw this badge on the left on someone's blog and just had to write a post about it and of course, officially take this pledge myself.

I discovered that the kind hearted campaign began way back in July because a fellow blogger was involved in a hurtful blogging situation and she wanted to turn that negative experience into a positive one. Well, thanks to her for being brave and not letting the experience bring her down.
So here we go. I, LA, take the kind hearted blogger pledge today in front of you all. I couldn't agree with any pledge more then I do this one. : )

AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
  • create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
  • be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
  • stay away from internet/blogging bullying
  • speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
  • make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
  • acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
  • know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
  • believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I support you in this. I will take the pledge too. Thanks for sharing and spreading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean people suck! Every blogger should take this pledge! I just took the Mom Pledge which is very similar. We should all be kind and supportive of one another. Life is tough enough to have mean people.

    ReplyDelete