Monday, March 28, 2011

New Music Monday

Yay, it's new music Monday again and I'm so thankful that for my birthday a few weeks ago, my roommate, Gina got me an iTunes giftcard so I could go ahead and buy more songs recently than usual.

It was perfect timing since I had the Full Marathon and desperately needed new running tunes. Sadly, it was pouring rain the entire time and my precious iPod died halfway through the Marathon. Not to worry though, I went to the Apple store last week and was able to get a brand spankin
' new $200 worth iPod for only $60 so it's all good and I'm already back in business! : )Here are a few new songs that I've added to my music library:

1. Ke$ha - Blow
Sure, this is a slightly ridiculous song but it's a great workout/running one and it's super catchy. I honestly can't help but find her songs enjoyable and entertaining. The chorus of this song is especially fun to sing along to.

2. Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
I've had them on my New Music Monday before but I found another song on this album that I think I like even more. This song rocks. For some reason, there's something I like about a song making no apologies about swearing in a song. I respect that. In "Little Lion Man", the words are "But it was not your fault but mine. And it was your heart on the line. I really fucked it up this time. Didn't I, my dear? Didn't I, my..." There's just no replacing that word, it's so powerful.

3. Bruno Mars - Marry You
This is just a sweet song with a lovely melody that I can't seem to get out of my head. Mr. Bruno Mars knows exactly what the ingredients are to make a winning radio tune. I am sure that this song will be on the radio soon.

4. Katie Costello - Dig a Hole
This number lightly calls out springtime to me and I think that's why I like it so much. I'm definitely going to check out more of her music now after having listened to this one.

5. Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
This singer's voice never fails to hypnotize me throughout every song of her's that I hear. Like one music critic has said of her, "[this Swedish pop singer] captivates like a voodoo spell to get you in the mood".

6. Tune-Yards - Bizness
African rhythms and hip-shaking horns fill this song. This certainly gives it that unique sound not commonly heard very much in today's mainstream music.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet nibblets, look at that beauty. I wish I had an iPod. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mumford & Sons and Kesha (I refuse to use a $ in her name) and Bruno Mars!

    ReplyDelete