Monday, February 8, 2010

Arizona Transplants


So I've been discovering lately that I actually know a lot more people that live here in LA then I originally thought. They all come here for different reasons; grad school, job opportunity, music and film industry, closer to family and of course just to be able to live in this awesome city.

Last night I met up with a group of University of Arizona alums and other Phoenix friends at a nearby bar. It was so refreshing and fun to be around Arizona people here. It's kinda like the best of both worlds. It's certainly important to go out and meet new people and expand your circle but I also think that that it's great to stay connected with long-time friends too. It's like the song goes, "make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold". I will forever be grateful to my college for introducing me to some amazing friends. I am glad that some of them are here in LA but I wish more would come.

1 comment:

  1. Good things come out of Arizona. :) Glad to hear that you are reconnecting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete