Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All things vintage










So being in LA has made me take a closer look at my clothes. I'm not very happy with the general theme and my basic style. I think that it could be much more fun and hip. Of course I do have a few pieces that are awesome but not enough. Now that I live here in LA, why not go in that direction now?

I have a new found love for all things vintage.

Today I braved the vintage store, Hubba Hubba, which doesn't have the most friendliest of reviews on yelp.com but does boast a great supply of fabulous vintage clothes. That is all very accurate. Without going into too much detail, the sales woman in the shop was very helpful while also being slightly pushy and a tad forceful. But all in all, I enjoyed this shopping experience and left with some incredible vintage 60's era style dresses and a small black clutch.

Why 60's era clothes? Well, on Saturday, my roommates and I are going to a "Mad Men" themed party and we are supposed to dress up in 60's era clothes for it. We are very excited about it and it should be lots of fun. Don't worry friends, I'll post the best pictures on Sunday!

"Everything I buy is vintage and smells funny. Maybe that's why I don't have a boyfriend." -Lucy Liu

"It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new." -Tony Visconti

1 comment:

  1. My closet needs an overhaul too. Ugh, I seem to be sick of everything I wear and own. I love the vintage look. Although, I don't think I could pull it off. You, on the other hand, have a way more hip, eclectic fashion sense and can pretty much pull off anything. Have a blast at the "Mad Men" inspired party. I love that show and that era of clothing. I can't wait to see photos. xoxo

    ReplyDelete