Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bon Appetite!


I really enjoy cooking, that is, I enjoy following recipes and trying out new dishes. I just love the processes that food goes through before it is ready to eat. I think that food that has to go through a few steps is the most fun to make.

When I lived alone in Phoenix, I would usually cook one night a week and I would make a ton so there would be leftovers all week long. I made lots of pasta, salads, casseroles, chicken, turkey, shrimp and my personal favorite desserts. I love baking! Cakes, banana bread, cookies, cupcakes are among my specialities. My chocolate chip and pecan banana bread is amazing! I guess this is something that I get from my mom. She was always baking and her chocolate chip cookies were ridiculously amazing!

There are certainly a number of great things about having roommates but one of them (and I never thought about this before) is getting to cook for others and not just for yourself. So last night in honor of Valentines Day I decided to cook a couple things for my roommates for dinner. Well, Gina prepared the main course, Tilapia fish and I made an appetizer, breaded and fried zucchini slices and a side dish, carrot and orange soup. Then of course for dessert I had to bake an almond and chocolate cake. I forgot to take a picture of the food when it was all ready so this one taken today of the leftovers will have to do. However, you should know that it really doesn't do the dishes justice at all! I will definitely be making them meals more often! Perhaps my favorite orange french toast tomorrow morning for breakfast.... ? : )

"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves." -Thomas Wolfe

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." -Harriet Van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment