Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Workin' on my fitness

Since moving here I've gone to the gym and had a serious workout just about everyday. I met with a trainer the second week I moved here and she basically kicked my ass! I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest the entire time! She showed me exactly what I should be doing to maximize my time there. It was such an intense workout that later that night I was so nauseous that I threw up! Needless to say I could barely move the whole next day. I was in so much pain!

Despite all that, I picked myself up and went to the gym two days later to follow my trainer's routine that she prepared for me. I am proud to say that I think I did pretty well and am now losing more calories on the elliptical that I ever did at the gym back in Phoenix.

Losing weight will always be on-going battle for me. It's certainly not something that comes easily to me. I have to work at it everyday. I am happy now that my skinny jeans are no longer my skinny jeans- they are too big to be called that now! Yay! : ) I know that losing weight is all about balancing proper exercise with a healthy diet. If you can burn more calories working out then you consume everyday then you should be able to lose weight. So they say. But we all know that it's much easier said then done. When it comes down to it, I just want to be happy and healthy.

Something that really helps me at the gym is having an amazing playlist booming in my ears on my ipod. I have several playlists in fact that I switch out. Lady Gaga's music is awesome to work out. It's very upbeat and fun and I usually never get sick of her songs. I think she is an incredible musician who is definitely bringing back the art of performing back to music. It's become more of an art form for Lady Gaga. Anyway, I love her and enjoy her music so much especially on the elliptical machine. Check out my sister's blog for more information on this mega talented singer.

"I always loved rock and pop and theater. When I discovered Queen and David Bowie is when it really came together for me, and I realized I could do all three." -Lady Gaga


1 comment:

  1. Everything is better with music! Good for you for hitting the gym so hard and making positive changes in your life to get fit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete