Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why Blog?

Here's this week's Mama Kat Writing Assignment:

3.) Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

Well, quite simply, I blog because it's the perfect release for me. Blogging is also a neat way of getting my thoughts organized and maybe even figure out a few things too. It's almost like therapy. Guess my followers are like my shrinks so please continue to be honest and kind. : ) Thanks for helping me get through life's many ups and downs.

I've certainly gotten some very good advice from blogging and I have learned some interesting new things about my friends. I'm also friends now with a few new people because of our blogs. I especially love this.

Honestly, I never knew that such a blogging world exists. I never knew there were actually whole conventions devoted to blogging and all they do is talk about each other blogs and exchange ideas on how to promote their blogs. I would attend one of those if I felt the need to grow but I'm happy with my 20 something followers. I know you all and you all know me so its a happy little blogging family. : )

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would enjoy writing about my life for all to read on their computers.

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way. I write for me and Lucas and I don't care about making a billion bucks off my blog or doing a bunch of product review and other promotions. I LOVE the comments through and consider some of my followers good friends, even though we've never met IRL. It's a wonderful new world and I am happy to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete