Wednesday, December 29, 2010

31 Day Photo Challenge-Day 17

31 Day Photo Blogging Challenge-Day 17: Post a photo of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

Instead of posting pictures of things that have made an impact on my life recently, I decided to create a list of big things that have happened in my life this past year. With 2010 quickly drawing to an end in a few days, I think this was a helpful exercise in preparation for my upcoming New Years Resolutions.

So, here were the highlights of 2010 for me:

1. I moved to Los Angeles, California on Jan 3rd, 2010!
2. Meeting my two new best friends and roommates, Gina and Swati.

3. I've traveled a ton this year: Phoenix, Jamaica, San Diego, Palm Springs,
Washington D.C, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Wyoming, Utah, Las Vegas, Lake Arrowhead, New Mexico, Chicago, Redlands and Florida.
4. I started this blog which has really become a big part of my life.
5. Lots and lots of job interviews!
6. Getting to spend a lot more time with my family.
7. Many nights of babysitting my nephew Lucas!
8. An Oscar themed 26th Birthday Party at my house.
9. Two super fun bachelorette parties along with two beautiful weddings in Phoenix.
10. A meaningful relationship.
11. I started the Invisalign process! Yay!
12. Several good friends visited me here in LA and I visited a few friends too.
13. Reconnecting with many high school friends.
14. I started a fun nannying job.

15. I saw Lady Gaga in concert with my sister.
16. My Disneyland Half-Marathon! Not only did I finish it but I felt after it was over.
17. Gina's Pin-Ups for Vets calendar project has definitely made a huge impact on my life.

18. The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 60 mile Walk in SF with my sister.
19. I finally entered the Smart Phone world and got a Black Berry.
20. I had some awesome weight loss!
21. Being on Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things Episode
.
22. Serious training for the upcoming Full Marathon in March 2011.

Whew! I highly encourage you to make your own list. It really made me feel better about this year and I definitely feel a much bigger sense of accomplishment now.

3 comments:

  1. It's an awesome jam=packed year. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blogging does kind of end up taking over sometimes :)

    Great list, and I'm glad I was around to see some of it!

    PS - Oprah probably would've been at the top of my list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lots of cool things achieved. I bet 2011 will be just as exciting!

    ReplyDelete