Sunday, December 19, 2010

31 Day Photo Challenge-Day 7


31 Day Photo Challenge-Day 7: Post a picture of your most treasured item.

This is definitely a tough one. I think that my most treasured item would probably have to be my beloved scrapbooks.
The picture on the left is of my nephew enjoying one of my many scrapbooks.

I have described them on here before as time machines. I have one for every year of my life since Freshman year of high school. I believe that I have 11 scrapbooks total! Whoa! They really do mean the world to me. Each album contains a part of life and I love that I can sit with one or two and dive right back into that time in my life. I've also done a really good job of writing in it as well, explaining who's who and what is exactly going on. Hopefully, when I'm old and gray, I can turn the pages of my scrapbooks and be instantly transported to that time and place.

When I'm ready, I spend a lot of time organizing all my pictures and the materials that I've collected for awhile like ticket stubs, wrist bands, hotel room keys, business cards, etc. I cut pictures out into fun shapes and sizes, attach stickers, magazine cut-outs and lots of colorful paper. Needless to say, it's quite an intense process.

Do you keep scrapbooks? What would be your most treasured item?

1 comment:

  1. Your scrapbooks truly are works of art and labors of love. Photos are awesome. People don't print them out anymore. They're great for a walk down memory lane and I'm always up for a sentimental journey.

    ReplyDelete