Sure, there are so many wonderful things about moving to a new place but you certainly can't ignore all the memories left behind at the old residence. Sappy as this may sound, it can be very hard to leave that behind.
Places have such strong emotional attachments for me. As I looked around her house and took one last look at it before I left her house last night, I felt like I was saying goodbye to those memories as well. One very big event took place in that house; my sister's beautiful and intimate wedding was in August 2007. It was the last time my sister saw my parents alive and it was the last time we were altogether. I guess it was the last time I saw my parents happy. They were so happy that day. I'll never forget the dance party we had in the living room after most guests had gone home for the night. I've always felt comfortable and happy being in that living room. I am sure this memory is the reason why. Thankfully, we took plenty of pictures that night.
I dread the day that my sister and I finally sell our parents Summer home in Arizona. Talk about memories! Whew! Ok, enough about that....
When I moved here from Phoenix almost a year ago I was more excited than anything. Not only was I ready for a change of scenery but also a change of life. I was incredibly sad to leave all my wonderful friends in Phoenix but was excited for a whole new batch of LA friends. Living alone was fun but I was looking forward to having two roommates to spend time with. I was definitely over Arizona in general. I had lived there for 6 years and was dying to get out of that hot desert.
A lot of really great things have happened to me all because I moved to Los Angeles. Here are a few things that come to mind:
- I started running. I really don't think that I would have if I had stayed in AZ. I also ran my first event here in LA, the Disneyland Half-Marathon.
- I made two new best friends-my wonderful roomies! Ladies, I love ya!
- I have traveled a ton thanks to my roommate Gina and her project, Pin-Ups For Vets.
- I've been nannying/babysitting for a few adorable kids that I adore!
- I've spent a ton more time with my family here in So Cal.
- I have been able to meet up with several middle and high school friends here.
- I've reconnected with two high school friends that live here in LA as well.
- I've gone to several very cool concerts and a couple Broadway shows.
- There have been some neat celeb sightings here.
- I've had a lot of delicious dinners.
- Spending time at the wonderful beach.
- I truly believe that I've become a better driver since moving here.
- I started this blog about my life here! My blogoversary is coming up next month! Yay!
- A fancy/awesome job in the music industry-currently working on this one! : )
- Being an audience member on Oprah's Favorite Things Episode..Hello?! Need I say more?!