Friday, December 3, 2010

Love this Song!


"Dog Days Are Over" is the second single released by Florence and the Machine from their debut album Lungs. I'm not quite sure what it is exactly about this song but I absolutely love it.

It's one of those tunes that I could listen to over and over again and not get sick of. Check out the very cool video here on
youtube. I hope you enjoy the song as much as I do. Oh, and I would like to say for the record that I've been loving this song LONG BEFORE Glee covered it recently! : )

The Times described the lead singer, Florence Welch as "the most peculiar and most highly acclaimed female singer of the moment" and "the latest in a line of great English pop eccentrics".

Here are the awesome lyrics to one of my favorite songs at the moment, "Dog Days Are Over":


Happiness hit her like a train on a track
.
Coming towards her stuck still no turning back.
She hid around corners and she hid under beds.

She killed it with kisses and from it she fled.
With every bubble she sank with a drink.

And washed it away down the kitchen sink.

The dog days are over.
The dog days are done.
The horses are comin' so you better run!

Run fast for your mother; Run fast for your father.
Run for your children, all your sisters and brothers.
Leave all your love and your longing behind.
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive
.

The dog days are over.
The dog days are done.
Can you hear the horses?
'Cos here they come!

And I never wanted
anything from you.
Except everything you had.
And what was left after that too. Oh!

Happiness hit her like a bullet in the back.
Struck from a great height.

By someone who should have known better than that.

The dog days are over.
The dog days are done.
Can you hear the horses?
'Cos here they come.

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father.

Run for your children, all your sisters and brothers.

Leave all your love and your longing behind.
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive.


The dog days are over.

The dog days are done.
Can you hear the horses?

'Cos here they come.

The dog days are over.
The dog days are done.
The horses are comin'.

So you'd better run!

Ok, now your turn, what are some new songs that you are loving right now?

9 comments:

  1. A friend tuned me into Florence and the Machine over a year ago and I love love love her! My fav song is "Rabbit Heart" and also the Dubstep remix of it here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d44qOVpLY-4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that song as well! :-)

    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this song for the first time on an awards show and loved it!! You just reminded me that I have to buy it!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song too.

    You've heard the phrase "the dog days of summer..."

    Here's some more info: http://wilstar.com/dogdays.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. since you love the song, i'm sure you will appreciate this!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBau6fL8S8

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, Oh my goodness, I loved that!!!! Seriously, how cute is that?!
    Tonya, yep, thanks for that info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shivaree's - "Goodnight Moon"...Your official Chicago theme.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRqUONe_aAI

    Laibach's - Across the Universe...just because you've probably ignored it for awhile.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5mlb3Bjzs

    ReplyDelete
  8. this song makes me want to run around! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Darrell- Thanks for the song recommendations! I really like both songs. "Across the Universe" has been a long time favorite of mine.
    @ Chelsea- I know, right?! I love running to it!

    ReplyDelete