So, I'm not in the Holiday mood at all yet so I thought this might help.
1. The Holiday spirit is very slowly creeping up on me. Slow...ly. Today, in fact, I listened to one entire Christmas song in the car on the way to the gym. The month of December really just got here too soon and I'm not ready for it at all. I plan on doing a little Christmas shopping tomorrow. Wish me luck braving the mall! To me the Holiday spirit is really about giving and appreciating those people around you that you care about most.
2. The holidays are incomplete without my family and friends. Of course there's also yummy food, the incredible Christmas music, the colder weather, the bright lights, the fun decorations, tall Christmas trees, and the colors red and green everywhere.
3. My favorite things to do around the holidays is finding the perfect gifts for everyone. There really is nothing like knowing you hit it on the nail. I love knowing that the person is going to be so delighted with whatever you picked out. I also really enjoy baking around this time of year.
4. A holiday tradition my family and I have is going to a movie on Christmas Day or the day after. My parents, my sister and I loved going after the food in our bellies settled on Christmas night. Now, my sister and I continue this tradition on our own. We look forward to picking out "the Christmas movie" every year. It's our time to just be alone and be sisters. Not sure what this years movie will be yet. Got any suggestions?
5. Holiday music is wonderful. I love it all. However, I can't handle it too soon. I'm usually only good for about two weeks of it. So, yep, I still won't succumb to those all day Christmas radio stations quite yet. A couple of my favorites are "Last Christmas" by George Michael, 'Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney, anything off of Natalie Cole's Christmas album, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Vanessa Williams and so much more.
6. This year, I'll be spending the holidays in the bay area with my sister's family and her sweet in-laws. It's always been very nice and drama-free. Since my parents passed away, Christmas will never be the same for me but I am blessed to still have loved ones to spend the holidays with.
7. Holiday wish list: Can I put my dream music job on this list? That, the 10th season of 90210 and another small bottle of Nina Ricci perfume will do just fine. : ) What's on your list this year?