Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Music Alert #2


I know I just had a music alert last week but this is my blog and I'll post about more music if I want to! : ) Plus it's Tuesday and new music always comes out on Tuesdays. So, here ya go:

Erykah Badu- She is such an amazingly talented singer and songwriter. She is best known for her role in the rise of the neo soul sub-genre, and for her eccentric, cerebral musical stylings and sense of fashion. She is known as the "First Lady of Neo-Soul". She has had several incredible albums that have done well in the charts but sadly, not enough people know about her. I highly recommend checking out the following albums, "Baduizm", "Mama's Gun" and "Worldwide Underground". Her newest album, "New Amerykah Part 2 (Return of the Ankh)" was released today and I am sure that it be nothing short of outstanding. Her music is great background to studying, reading or just chilling out with friends. Her music always mellows me out. I have been lucky enough to have seen her twice in concert and they were really great shows. She is known for just letting it all there and totally getting into it.

My favorite lyric of her's is from "Appletree":
"See I pick my friends like I pick my fruit. My ganny told me that when I was only a youth. I don't walk around tryin' to be what I'm not. I don't waste my time tryin' to get what you got. I work at pleasin' me cause I can't please you. And that's why I do what I do. My soul flies free like a willow tree."

For more info, check out her website: Erykah Badu

1 comment:

  1. Love the lyrics you made your Facebook status and included here. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete