Wednesday, March 24, 2010

State Change


Tomorrow I am going to the DMV to switch my car registration from Arizona to California and to also get a California drivers license. Since I have the time now, I figured it would be smart to just go ahead and get it over with. Here, you can make an appointment online at the DMV which is awesome. I am hoping that I don't end up waiting around there for the appointment.

Supposedly, you only really have a month after you move to a new state to change all this stuff so I'm already behind on all this. Plus, I feel like I get stared at more often in my car since I have an AZ plate which is the opposite of what I want-I want to blend in and appear to be a true Californian. Despite having all CA stuff, I know that that doesn't instantly make me a Californian but it certainly gets me closer... right? : )

I thought the following joke was too funny not to add to this DMV post!

After spending 3-1/2 hours enduring the long lines, surly clerks and insane regulations at the Department of Motor Vehicles, a guy stopped at a toy store to pick up a gift for his son. He selected a baseball bat and took it to the cash register.

"Cash or charge?" the clerk asked.

"Cash," he snapped.

He then apologized for his rudeness, telling the clerk that he had spent all afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau.

"Shall I giftwrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going back there?"

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being one step closer. :)

    ReplyDelete