Thursday, April 8, 2010

Invisalign


Well, I finally did it, I finally agreed to getting Invisalign. While my teeth are by no means in horrible shape, there is one spot that is not pretty at all. I know that most people don't even notice until after I point it out, yet it drives me crazy sometimes, and especially in pictures. It certainly annoyed my Mom.. haha! She was always telling me that I should look into getting it fixed. Well, I'm doing that now Mom.

My dentist in Tucson has been telling me for years to get braces or Invisalign to fix a couple spots. Since moving here, I've gone to see my friend Belinda's boyfriend Casey who just so happens to be a dentist! I've gotten to know him since I've moved here so I really value his professional opinion so when he told me that he recommends me getting braces too, then I knew it was something that I really should do. Evidently, one of my problem areas on my teeth for cavities is around the crooked patch so straightening them out while help me brush those hard to reach places now. That made me really decide to go ahead with fixing it. If it was just cosmetic then I wouldn't have since it doesn't bug me too much.

Fortunately, I'm a candidate for Invisalign! Braces are a lot less convenient, more painful and can be quite the eye sore. This past Tuesday, I started the whole Invisalign process but I won't actually be getting the trays till May 5th. My dentist Casey assures me that I'll only probably be having to wear them between 6 and 12 months. Let's hope it won't be longer. I would love to be out of them in September, just in time for my Half Marathon....we'll see...

Here's some basic info on Invisalign: The Invisalign treatment consists of a series of aligners that needs to be switched out about every two weeks. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift teeth into place. And since the Invisalign system is custom-made for each set of teeth only, with a plan devised by the dentist or orthodontist, you know you'll end up with a smile that truly fits. Invisalign is the best way to transform your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life.

1 comment:

  1. The time is going to go by so fast (a la LMW and his Doc Band). You'll be glad you did it. Good luck. xoxo

    ReplyDelete