Sunday, April 18, 2010

Laundry Experiment!

"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry." -E.B. White

Be warned, this is a slightly silly and random post today!

The Great Laundry Experiment of 2010 has come to an end today. Yes, I was conducting my own little dirty laundry experiment to see how long I could go before washing my clothes. The verdict is in and I went exactly a month and a half! Whew! Surprisingly, it wasn't too difficult and I somehow managed to still have a few underwear and bras left. I know that my friends in New York are hating me for this since I only have a few steps to walk to get to my washer and dryer in the other room while they have several blocks to the nearest laundromat. Sorry Tracy and Leslie! : )

This experiment really just happened because I've been so busy lately and traveling a ton so I never found the time to just throw some clothes in the washer. Honestly, I enjoy doing laundry. Ok, not all of it, I hate folding and hanging everything after it's all clean. I wish that part would do itself. I do absolutely love the feeling of having nothing dirty in my dirty clothes hamper. I also enjoy being able to get a bunch of stuff done while the washer and/or dryer and running. It's the ultimate multitasking! One really annoying thing about waiting so long to do laundry is that it takes forever to get done. I started at 11 am this morning and it's 3 pm now and I still have one more load to do!! That would be 6 loads total! YIKES! I am washing my bed sheets and a couple throw rugs too though. Well, here's to having fresh clean clothes for this week.

"Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you've got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn't your biggest problem.Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash." -Jerry Seinfeld

2 comments:

  1. Bottom line: You have too many clothes! :) I do too, but I wear the sane thing over and over do this experiment would never work for me. Not to mention I am completely anal about changing the sheets on my bed every 10 days or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, I've gone quite a while without laundry, but maybe not quite a month and a half :) Although I am slowly but surely (VERY slowly) weeding out my clothes, and pairing down my underwear! I love this laundry post! Although, I might have to agree with Tonya...you have a lot of clothes (something that I'm very jealous of! I wear the same 10 outfits to work week after week!)

    ReplyDelete