Saturday, May 8, 2010

1 Month Left


This week's question for my blog was what five things would you do if you found out that you only had a month left to live. I got most of the traditional answers but there were a few interesting ones. Now instead of waiting to do these incredible things, why not try getting to some now?!
  • Quit my job in a very dramatic and movie-like way
  • Make amends
  • Arrange all my final affairs, make sure I had a will set up and all debts were paid off
  • Go to Confession
  • Travel Tons: India, South of France, Countryside in UK, Russia, Latin America, Maldives, Go back home - Go on an unforgettable trip to somewhere exotic for a week
  • Gamble all my money away in Las Vegas
  • Have a threesome- My friend gave a few more details but I'll leave those out here : )
  • Watch the sunrise and the sunset everyday to remember how beautiful life is
  • Do good deeds, give a lot of my time and/or money to those in need
  • Make lots of phone calls
  • Write letters and look through all my old pictures
  • Throw a big party where everyone I know could eat, drink and dance altogether
  • Try to fall in love/Get married in Hawaii and have entire family and all my friends be there for it
  • Go surfing, swim with sea turtles, visit the Green Sand Beach- Courtney has Hawaii on the brain! : )
  • Laugh endlessly
  • Do any and all drugs-Ecstasy, Cocaine, Hallucinogens
  • Spend time with my family and close friends
  • Go home on the next flight to live with my family
  • Kiss my family, boyfriend and dog everyday and try to spend most of my time in their embrace
  • Go out to eat all the time and eat something exciting for every meal no matter the cost
  • Make sure my pets had a good home
"I have already accomplished a large number of things on my bucket list. That is the reason I travel so much and do so many adventurous things (skydiving, scuba diving, white water rafting, etc). At the end of the day my conscious is the only person I have to answer to and if I have not lived my life in accordance with my principles then I can not say I am living a good life. I feel that is something I need to strive for daily. If I were to drastically change one thing I would remove myself from the remote location I am in and spend as much time with those I love as possible." -Courtney

This is why we are friends. She goes out and does the things that most of us talk about doing. I wish I was as courageous and as brave as her. Courtney has an incredible passion for life and I am proud to call her a friend. She maybe this super fun party chick but she is also one of my smartest friends. Not many people can balance the two and she manages to do them both.

At the end of the day, I think we all just want to be able to say that we lived a good life and we made the most of our time here. I want to be able to say that I loved endlessly and I enjoyed everyone in my life. I want to die old and gray and be absolutely content with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment