Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chicago Experience

Whew, this week has been intensely crazy! Not only was the madness that my roommate and I were on Oprah's Favorite Things episode revealed, but Gina has also been on TWO TV networks to talk about being on the show and to discuss her project, Pin-Ups for Vets.

Well, now that the hype has calmed down a bit from my Oprah fame, : ) I thought it would be nice to talk about what else happened on my fabulous trip to Chicago. It was my first time in the Windy City so I was very excited about finally being there.

After the crazy day at the Oprah studio, we headed to the Hines VA Hospital to cheer up some incredible VETS. Aren't our matching polka dot dresses so cute? It was a wonderful visit and the men and women that we visited there really enjoyed seeing Gina and I. As we were leaving, they were already asking when we would be back!




In addition to attending the Oprah show and going to a Veterans Hospital, I also got to see two old friends from college, Matt and Jared. It's times like these that I really love having friends that live all over the US. Gina and I also spent a few hours walking around Michigan Avenue. I especially liked seeing the infamous Bean located in Millennium Park.



2 comments:

  1. You were in Chicago and you didn't visit me?? ;)

    That is so awesome, to be on Oprah's show. Really awesome! And yes, there's plenty of great stuff in Chicago. People, too, like your old friends.

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I didn't realize you had never been to Chi-town before. Pretty incredible city, huh? You'll never have another trip like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete