Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Music Lesson

As this is part music blog and part my adventures here in LA blog, I think it's mandatory that from time to time, I discuss my latest music obsessions. I subscribe to a couple music magazines and today I had some time to finally go through the new music sections and check the songs out on itunes. I absolutely love doing this! : )

Here are a few new songs that I learned about:
  • Whip my Hair- Willow I've known about this song for awhile but haven't ever really listened to it carefully until today. At first I wasn't a fan but it's definitely bitten me now and I am in love. Yes, this Will Smith's little 9 year old daughter. She got signed onto Jay-Z's label recently. I dare you to not think this is a catchy tune! ♫♪♪♫
  • A Town Called Obsolete-Andreya Triana Spin magazine describes this singer's voice perfectly, "a voice like sugared smoke, signals a fiery lyric that nods to the jam's righteous urban indignation". That is lovely. ♫♪♪♫
  • Wake Up Everybody-John Legend, The Roots, Common & Melanie Fiona I love pretty much anything and everything that John Legend is a part of so I knew that I would enjoy this even more with Common attached as well. It's a sweet song with a great message. We all know how much I like those kinds of songs. ♫♪♪♫
  • How I Look for You-Juliette Commagere There are moments of sheer melodic poetry mixed in with catchy choruses. This is my kind of a song. It's got a little bit of everything for everyone. What's there not to love? ♫♪♪♫
  • What's My Name-Rihanna & Drake Radio loves this song and by love I mean that it's on the radio all the f-ing time! Fortunately, I'm really diggin' it so I don't mind hearing it. My favorite line from the song is "Say my name, say my name, wear it out. ♫♪♪♫
  • Don't Leave My Mind-Azure Ray The two singers that make up this group have incredible harmonies that literally waft together so effortlessly. The lyrics are sweet and so simple. ♫♪♪♫
  • Matt & Kim- Block After Block Their new album just came out last week and I was really excited. I've always been a big fan of this group. They have a different sound and their videos are always super happy and endearing. ♫♪♪♫

7 comments:

  1. Loving the purple. The page looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks so much Miss Yaya! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. that little willow has really become popular among adult women.

    i'm still not on board but i get it...kinda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there, i just wanted to tell ya, i love your blog & i'm a new follower :) definitely enjoy your writing.

    p.s. i haven't heard the WHOLE whip my hair song but i've definitely heard from everyone it's great... maybe i need to catch the fun version. :) itunes blip didn't do me much good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment!! I agree; I don't ned to stress about it. I just need to get my eating back on track, because I ate so much pizza last night that I'm still full this morning! :-P

    I'm a follower now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Willow's song, just wish she wasn't Will and Jada's kid. They bug.

    ReplyDelete