Saturday, July 24, 2010

Running Post #6

I ran 10 miles today!!!!!!!

I have no words to describe how good it felt to complete that. It took my training group 2 hours and 34 minutes to complete it and we burned about 1600 calories doing it! That's a lot!!

I am so sore and achy today but that is to be expected. Surprisingly, I was at the lead of my group for pretty much the entire time and I felt like I could have gone a little faster than most people. I've been really pushing myself to go faster on my own training runs so I am sure that is why I felt like I could have run faster today.

Running 10 miles was a personal goal that I made for myself back when I first started seriously training back in April. Now that I've done it, I guess I am in shock. I think we are all capable of so much more than we think we can. I never in a million years thought I could run 5 miles let alone 10 miles, but here I am with a 10 mile run under my belt! I can honestly say that I'm not too worried about that Half Marathon anymore.. I mean, that's only 3 more miles than I did today! Only 3 more miles! Piece of cake? I don't know about that but I do know that I can handle it.

If you haven't donated already, then please check out my APLA website and consider donating. Even the smallest amount helps me reach the mandatory fundraising goal. Thank you so much friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Leah! I'm so proud of you!! SO PROUD! I can't even imagine the exhilaration you must be feeling. I do wish I could be there to cheer you on for the half-marathon. I know it would mean a lot...but I'm just too nervous about the start of school :( But I will be cheering you on in spirit for sure, and thinking of you ALL day! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome when you reach a goal you set for yourself?! I am very proud of you and can't wait to be there or D-day to cheer you on!! Way to go, Leah. xoxo

    ReplyDelete