Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Chibi" and "Ellie"

I meant to post this forever ago...

On my trip to Wyoming and Utah, I was either with an adorable 6 week old beagle/bulldog mix named "Ellie" or a 3 year old cat named "Chibi". I can honestly say that I really miss it. I don't care if you are or aren't an animal person, I think you'll get where I'm coming from. Pets are the perfect example of pure unconditional love. They don't care that you may not be the best looking person person, or if you don't have all the money in the world, or that you were rude to someone earlier. They love you no matter what. All you have to do is feed them and give them shelter. Of course an occasional petting session is awesome too.
I think pets can be so comforting and lovable when you want them to be. I definitely miss all the attention these two little guys gave me while I was with them. Not long after getting home, I did go ahead and buy a fish but it's just not the same at all. Can't wait till I have my own house one day with a great big yard so I have a dog!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I just got done taking Ellie for a walk, and Chibi is laying on the table next to me (don't tell my parents I let the cat on the table!) Thanks for posting this...it was such a nice, sweet surprise to see my two babies on your blog! And yes, I know Ellie isn't mine, but I've been watching her for a week now--and boy, she can be a really annoying puppy! But, you are absolutely right. The unconditional love of a pet is priceless! Especially when you're sad and they just curl up on your lap. I hope your fish is able to give you SOME sort of love!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beagle puppy is just too adorable. You have always been a big animal lover. I know you'll have lots of pets as soon as you are able to.

    I'd love to have a dog, but I'm now convinced that we need to start with a puppy and that requires a lot more time and effort than I have right now. Plus, I want a big yard for it and we don't have that either.

    ReplyDelete