Monday, July 12, 2010

You Know You Hang Out With Kids A Lot When


My sister has a frequent post, entitled, "You Know You're A Mom When s-Daze" so I thought it would be funny if I had a similar one on my blog..

So introducing, "You Know You Hang Out With Kids A Lot When..."
  • You find yourself singing children's songs when you are nowhere near a child.. For example, coming out of the shower this morning, I was singing the Elmo song.. "La la la la, Elmo's world.."
  • At times you are able to think of life very simply-You are either hungry, tired, sad, angry or just fun and playful.
  • You want to know exactly how all these crazy loud and at times obnoxious toys are helping these children. Are they meant to entertain, educate or both?
  • You love reading even more now..especially if it's with a one year old sitting on your lap and helping you turn the pages.
  • Just about all the pictures on your camera and phone are of the children in your life. 90% of mine are of my adorable nephew!
  • You think it would be awesome if we all had a daily designated nap time from 10 to 12.
  • It would be sweet if everyone blew kisses and waved constantly when anyone left a room.
  • You can't remember ever stressing about how to put on a diaper.
  • One of the first things friends always ask you when you are catching up is how is your nephew doing.
  • You swear every time you see them again, they've gotten bigger. Even if you just saw them a week earlier!
  • You may not have any children of your own yet but you still feel the need to walk into every toy store and kids clothing stores in hopes of picking something up for your young friends.
  • Your facebook statuses tend to be more about these children then your own life.
  • You don't care that they are the only ones that actually laugh at your goofy faces and noises.
  • Whenever you are feeling sad, seeing your favorite little person is sure to cheer u up!

3 comments:

  1. I would PAY for a 2 hour nap everyday :)

    And as for the songs...the other day I was actually in the car by myself, and it was about 20 minutes before I realized I'd been singing along with Barney - and enjoying it! Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list and everything on it goes double for me! Thank you being such an awesome aunt to our little Lucas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally related to this Leah! Being an aunt is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete