Monday, June 21, 2010

New Roommate!



Well, I didn't exactly get a new roommate but I did buy a fish today! He is a dark blue Betta, aka, Siamese Fighting Fish. Bettas are known for being super easy to take care of are actually one of the only fish out there that don't need any kind of filtration or temperature gauge system. This all makes me very happy because I don't want to have to do a whole lot for a pet now. Well, if someone handed me a puppy right now, I would go out of my way for it. But for now, I'll make do with this Betta. I really enjoy fish, they are so relaxing and I have fun decorating their tank and all that. Along with my new Betta, today, I also got a pretty little box tank for him. Check out the above picture.

Since I can remember I've always had a fish or two around. Throughout most of college I had two Bettas, Juno and then J.C shortly after. So I figured, why not continue in this Betta tradition and get one here in LA. I have yet to decide on a name but here are the two front runners, "Kobe" (As in Kobe Bryant) and "Mohingar" which is a traditional Burmese dish. Got any other suggestions? Stay tuned on my final decision. I remember my mom once telling me that growing up, she had a few goldfish that would continually jump out of their bowls! Do you have any fun fish stories?

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, my freshman year of college I found a goldfish in each of the toilets in our girls bathroom. I tried to rescue them, but only managed to save one. I named it Spaz and had it for about a month or two before it died after I diligently brought it with me to IL over spring break. That was the only fish I ever had! (and BTW, not a fan of the name Kobe! Would forever remind me of the Lakers...boo!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fish, good for you.

    I loved having my aquarium in college, but it was a lot of work!

    As far as names... Kobe?! How about Celtic or Bird? :)

    ReplyDelete