Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Beach


Ok, first things first, how cool is it that I'm writing this post laying out at the beach?! Sometimes I forget the proximity of the beach to where I live-it's about a 20 minute drive from my house, in good traffic, that is.

Today, I'm enjoying the beach at Temescal Canyon and the PCH. There's free parking and it's not overly crowded. My roommate, Gina recommended this particular spot and I'm so glad she did. The people here aren't all the typical beautiful LA folks. There's lots of families with small children (no doubt here celebrating Fathers Day), a few tourists and plenty of young adults just catching some rays.

I love the beach. How can anyone not find it relaxing and calming? The crashing waves alone are memorizing. I could spend hours simply watching the ocean and smelling the salty air. I've been lucky to live very close to the beach in a few places that I've lived...well, except for Arizona of course. I do wish the water was warmer as I love swimming and salt water seems to be very good for the skin. Maybe later this summer, I'll venture in!
  • “It’s hard for me to put into words why I like the beach so much. Everything about it is renewing for me, almost like therapy...Beach Therapy” -Amy Dykens
  • "I have always loved the beach. The smell of the salty water, the wind in my face, the gentle roar of the waves all combine to create a sense of peace and calm." -Unknown
I've never really been to the beach alone before I must say that I'm definitely a fan and will be returning alone again soon. There's no need for conversation, I can just lay there and read, write, listen to music or even fall asleep. Plus, you are totally free to be alone with all your thoughts, good and bad.

Check out this map of all the beaches here! So far I've only been to two of them. But I'm not worried I have all summer to get to them all!

1 comment:

  1. You definitely live in the land of the beach. Glad you such a nice afternoon to yourself.

    One of my favorite water quotes is: "If you are lucky enough to live on the water, you are lucky enough."

    Don't forget your sunscreen!!

    ReplyDelete