Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blogging from Wyoming


Yes, I'm still not home yet but I thought it would be neat to take the blog on the road! So, while I'm sitting here with Emily enjoying some casual TV time at her place in Wyoming, I couldn't help but think about my beloved blog and decided to share a new post from here. While we were pseudo-camping at Moon Lake, Utah this week, I wrote a few things for my blog down in a notebook.

Take a look at one of my first short entries:

There's something so serene and peaceful about fishing. It takes very little effort and hard work but a lot of patience and determination. However, I can't imagine ever really liking fishing. It's just not for me but I respect the hobby and can understand why others take such enjoyment from it.

Right now I'm out on Emily's dad's boat watching him fish as we read and write. The lake we are on now is completely calm and still, besides us. This stillness is amazing and I know that I certainly lack it back in LA in my day to day life. Generally, I think we could all use a little more stillness in our lives. How on earth do we get that though? We can't possibly go away on trips every time we feel the need for silence. I know there's always yoga, meditation, writing, reading, music and many other ways. It's all about finding that perfect balance. I suppose we are all working on that.
Well, until I figure that out, I'll continue to enjoy this view.

1 comment:

  1. Did you catch and release or actually eat the fish you (Emily's dad) caught?

    Stillness... Something I could defnitely use and benefit from.

    I look forward to reading more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete