Thursday, June 24, 2010

Running Post #5/Fundraising Letter

Today I sent the following email out to my friends in hopes of getting some more money for my Half Marathon for AIDS. And because I have such awesome people in my life, as soon as I sent this out, several people donated right away!! I seriously love my friends! Thank you so much guys!!!

Dear Friends and Family,

Ok guys, it's crunch time for me and my fundraising for my Half Marathon for AIDS!!

So, here's the deal, I'm running the Disneyland Half Marathon over Labor Day weekend for AIDS. The deadline to donate is July 2nd!!! Aaahh- That's next Friday! I still need to raise $1370!! While this may sound like a ton of money, if each and every one of you donates just $10, I know that I'll be able to meet the $2000 goal and maybe even surpass it! So, please, please donate! Seriously, every little bit helps!

If I don't meet my goal, I have to personally fork over the rest of the money. While I will gladly do this because I want to do whatever I can to fight AIDS, I would much rather concentrate on the running part of this adventure.

And as if you needed another incentive to donate besides helping in the fight against AIDS, if I'm able to meet my goal by the end of next week, I'll write each and every one of your names on the shirt that I run the marathon in! Neat, huh?!

Please also ask your jobs if they would like to do matching gifts! That would be an incredible way to donate too. My amazing friend who works for Macys asked them and they are matching her gift! So, please ask all your companies to do the same thing!

You can send donation matching forms to:

ATTN: Andrea Lockhart
611 South Kingsley Drive
LA, CA 90005

Every dollar that someone gives helps improve the quality of life for someone less fortunate. APLA offers dental care, mental health care, bus passes, food banks, health referrals, job training, prevention courses and advocacy on a local, state and federal level. Remember, all donations are tax deductible.

MY HALF MARATHON WEBSITE

Thank you to each and everyone of you for supporting my journey! I cannot do this without you!

Love,
Leah

P.S Enjoy the attached picture of me decked out in my running gear! Yep, I am officially one of those runners with the water belt thingy! : ) Hey, I gotta stay hydrated! Think of me Saturday morning as I'll be running my longest distance ever-8 miles!!

1 comment:

  1. I donated, I donated!!

    Good luck reaching your fundraising goal.

    Your changed the colors on your blog... I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete