Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Writing Music


A friend has been asking to read some of the songs I've written and I am sad to say that I lost basically all the songs I've ever written along with a ton of other important documents on my computer about a month ago. I accidently deleted the folder from my computer desktop and before you ask, "No, I hadn't ever backed up my stuff!!" Ugh!!! You can't imagine how sad I was and can't really talk about it much more than this or I'll break down... ugh.. : (

Well, here's one song that I wrote down on paper. In fact, my friend Patrick and I actually wrote music for this one too. We never really did anything with it however.. but it's still fun to have..

"Keep Moving On"

You gotta keep movin' on.
Cause you never know when
you'll lose it all.

You gotta keep movin' on
Cause it might be all
you'll know.

When you wake up in the morning
and you got a depressive low
and you don't know
which way to go.
But you get out of bed
and put your new shoes on.

The day goes pretty bad
but you got a lot to do.
You got work to do, bills to pay
and errands to run.
There's too much to worry about.
You can't have any fun.

There's nothing you can do about life.
So, just know that life goes on.
You'll run circles if you try.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you lost your songs. I hope you back up now?!?

    I'd like to hear the music that goes with these lyrics someday.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! How terrible that you lost all that work. I'm sad for you.

    I'm visiting form the Lady Blogger Tea Party.

    This is my blog:
    http://pietrosmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete