Wednesday, June 16, 2010

NO PARKING!


So I screwed up majorly today or rather last night. See, I saw the "No Parking" signs but I swear I remember reading "NO PARKING ON THURSDAY". Well, I was wrong, it said Wednesday instead. I walked out to my car this afternoon only to NOT find it where I parked it. This is truly the scariest feeling in the world! I immediately freaked out but somehow was able to pull it together to call the number on the sign to find out where the heck my car was towed to.

Thankfully, it was at an impound lot not too far away from my home and my wonderful friend, Jason, came to my place and picked me up and we headed there with only ten minutes to spare before they closed! Whew! And you don't even want to know how much I had to pay for them to release my car to me. Then, on top of that hefty fee, there was an additional parking ticket on my car window when I got my car back from the lot! Geez!~ How ridiculous is that?!

After talking to a few friends after this happened, I learned that it's really not very uncommon for people in LA to get their cars towed and get lots of parking tickets. Have you ever gotten your car towed? How many tickets have you gotten?
Well, I vow to be extra careful from now on when reading parking signs around this city. I seriously do not want to go through all this ever again! : (

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing!!! That sounds just awful! I've only gotten 1 ticket since being in LA, and now I'm surprised that they didn't tow my car instead of give me the ticket, since it was the exact same situation as yours. Man oh man, gotta love LA and all the junk that people go through just to live there! I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad that you got it all worked out quickly. That Jason is a good guy! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete